Claimly ("us", "we" or the "Company") respect the privacy of health care providers (“Provider(s)”), patients (“Patient(s)”) and its website users (“Users”), and are committed to protect the privacy of any individual who access, use, or engage with our website and with our payment and billing services (collectively: the "Services").
Please note that the term “you” shall refer to Users, Providers and Patients, as applicable.
- Who we are
- What type of information we collect
- Cookies and other technologies
- How we use the information
- With whom we share the information and for what purpose
- For how long we retain the information
- How we protect your information
- How to contact us
Who we are?
We aim to facilitate Providers and Patients to obtain reimbursement(s) for Patients’ healthcare claims, estimating and obtaining out-of-network benefits and providing support.
As part of the Services, we facilitate different solutions, including:
- Enabling Providers and Patients to file healthcare claims;
- Enabling Patients to obtain reimbursement(s) from insurance companies for their healthcare claims (“Refunds”), either directly by engaging with us or via their respective Providers.
- Enabling Patients to receive relevant information and verification on their insurance coverage.
What type of information we collect
We may collect two types of data from you.
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to you, which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Services ("Non-personal Information").
We are not aware of the identity from which the Non-personal Information is collected. Non-personal Information which is collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information about your device (e.g., the device you use, the type of browser and operating system your device uses, your ISP, language preference, access time and the website's domain name from which you linked to the Services, etc.), in order to enhance the functionality of the Services.
We may also collect information about your activity on the Services (e.g., clicks; interests; how many times you visit the website; dates; etc.) and other analytics information for the purpose of improving our Services and conduct analytics.
The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual ("Personal Information"). Such information may include:
- Information related to identity or registration:
When you sign-up for our Services on the website (as a Provider or as a Patient), you will be asked to provide us certain details about yourself in order for us to identify you and provide you our Services.
- Providers: We may collect from our Providers the following information: name, email address, physical address, telephone number, taxpayer identification number as well as national provider identifier (‘NPI’).
- Patients: We may collect from our Patients the following information as part of their registration via the website: name, email address and date of birth.
In addition, if a Patient wishes and agrees to share with us relevant information for the purpose of using our Services (e.g. receiving Refunds, filling claims, etc.) we will collect the following information with regard to the Patient (either directly from the Patient or via the Provider, as applicable): name, telephone number, email address, date of birth, physical address and relevant insurance information (e.g. Primary insurance’s subscriber information).
- Payment and insurance Information:
We may collect relevant financial information as part of our Services:
- Providers: We collect Provider’s Bank account number for the purpose of transferring the Refunds.
- Patients: We may collect Patient’s credit card number and any relevant insurance information about the Patient for the purpose of receiving and processing Refunds and to provide Patients with information about their insurance coverage. Please note that in order for us to provide our Services, we may also collect additional information related to Patients from insurance companies (including relevant details on Patient’s employer).
- Patient’s Health Information:
In order for us to provide our Services (e.g. process and transfer Refunds, filling healthcare claims, etc.) we will obtain additional sensitive Personal Information which is related to Patients’ health, including Protected Health Information as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) (Collectively, “Health Information”). Such information may include Patient’s treatments, health condition, genetic/biometric data, prescriptions, medical evaluations, medical history, hospital admissions, etc.
We may collect and process Health Information and Superbills, received directly from Patients or from Providers (i.e. if a Patient wishes and agrees to share with us such information for the purpose of using our Services):
- Voluntarily Information: We may collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For instance, when you respond to communications from us, communicate with us via email or share additional information about yourself through your use of the Services. We may also collect the feedback, suggestions, complaints and reports which you send to us.
- Device Information: We may collect Personal Information from your device. Such information may include geolocation data, IP address, online identifiers as well as other information which relates to your activity through the Services.
For avoidance of doubt, if we combine Personal Information with Non-personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and other technologies
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that a website assign to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and may be used for various different purposes. These purposes include, among other things, allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and the website quicker, easier and smoother.
Our website may use the following types of cookies:
- Session Cookies which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed.
- Persistent Cookies which are saved on your device for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to identify who you are for repeated visits (for instance, to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in).
You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences. However, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of the Services may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
How we use the information
- To provide the Services to our Patients and Providers, as stipulated above (e.g. enabling Providers and Patients to file claims and obtain Refunds);
- To set up your accounts;
- To send offers to Providers, which are based on Patient’s insurance coverage and Patient’s information (e.g. Patient’s Health Information, Superbills, etc.);
- To verify Patient’s insurance coverage;
- To conduct transactions in connection with the Services and collect related fees;
- To identify and authenticate your access to the Services;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates;
- To market our website, products and Services;
- To perform a research or to conduct analytics in order to improve and customize the Services to your needs and interests;
- To support and troubleshoot the Services and to respond to your queries;
- To investigate and resolve disputes in connection with your use of the Services;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent and illegal activity or any other type of activity that may jeopardize or negatively affect the integrity of the Services; and
- To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
With whom we share the information and for what purpose
We may share Personal Information with the following recipients: (i) our subsidiaries and affiliated companies; (ii) subcontractors and other third-party service providers (e.g. anti-fraud companies, clearinghouses, billing contractors, etc.); (iii) Patient’s insurance companies; (iv) API partners, who provide us tools for payment optimization and service improvements; (v) auditors or advisers; and (vi) any potential purchasers or investors in the company.
- Storing or processing Personal Information on our behalf (e.g. cloud computing service providers);
- Processing Personal information (including Health Information) to assist us with our business operations;
- Performing research, technical diagnostics, personalization and analytics; and
- Communicating promotional and informational materials, in accordance with our marketing policy (see below under "Marketing"). In this regard, please note that we will not share Health Information for marketing purposes
We may also disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our affiliates, our users, yourself or any third-party; (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies; and (vii) in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
For how long we retain the information
We value your privacy and control over your Personal Information, and therefore you may, at any time, request to change and update it by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request that we will correct errors by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter. Our Data Protection Officer is Aviv Eyal and you can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
How we protect your information
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Services and your information. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of your information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse the Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
If you feel that your privacy was treated not in accordance with our policy, or if any person attempted to abuse the Services or acted in an inappropriate manner, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
We may use your Personal Information, such as your full name, email address, etc. ourselves or by using our third-party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning the Services. However, please note that we will not share your Health Information for marketing purposes.
Out of respect to your right to privacy we provide you within such marketing materials with means to decline receiving further marketing offers from us. In addition, at any time, you may request to unsubscribe and discontinue receiving marketing offers by sending us a blank message with the word "remove" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our marketing mailing list, we may continue to send you service-related updates and notifications.
A special notice about children
Our website is not designated to individuals under the age of 18 and not collecting any Personal Information from individuals under the age of 18. If you are under 18 you should not use the website for any purpose nor provide any Personal Information directly to us.
If a parent or a guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Personal Information to us, he or she should promptly contact us at email@example.com and we will delete such information from our database.
How to contact us
If you have any general questions regarding the Services or the information that we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about us
The details of the Company are as follows:
2680 Fayette Dr, Unit 204